13 June 2010

i < 3 linen

step 1: weave
step 2: cut fabric into circles
step 3: dip fabric circles into fabric stiffener
step 4: place into cup moulds

So I realized that I never posted pictures of one of my pieces that I was working on a while ago. The original idea was for all the cups to be held up by string or something similar looking, but that fell through. So what I ended up doing was mounting the cups on 5, 6 foot long pine planks. I hung them on the wall horizontally, so the piece covered an area 6' x 5'. I then projected images of the weaving process (above) over the piece, to make a connection between the process, materials, and outcome. I am working on figuring out how to post a little video up here so you can see what it looked like installed!


1 comment:

  1. these are infinitely cool! I can't wait to see the video of the whole installation!

    ReplyDelete